Monthly Archives for February 2006
“Soupir” (not to be confused with the earlier S’assoupir) was recently recorded live, in one pass, in my home-studio (boudoir-studio, appropriately enough).
I’m posting it to Radio Vince (and mini Radio Vince at the top of this page).
25/09/06 Update: Now with a tiny Radio Vince player!Tweet
Pandora is a Flash-based front-end to yet another music recommendation service based on something called the Music Genome Project. Basically, you start by inputting a song or an artist, and Pandora suggests other songs, which you approve or disapprove.
I have pretty eccentric and off-beat tastes and was quite pleasantly surprised by the way Pandora handled them. It recommended some really pertinent stuff. You can save different “radio stations” for later enjoyment. Tip: although the site is limited to US residents (due to licensing issues), all you need to do to create an account is enter a US zip code.
Thanks to Pamela for this one.
I have a really shitty and monotonous job to do today, so I created a B-52′s radio station this morning to help keep me awake, and have been working to the sound of the mostly quality music that has been streaming ever since: The Kinks, Stranglers, Devo, Nico, Blur, Sparks, more B-52′s, although it did screw up badly once by bringing up a…Celine Dion song! Even so, nicely done.
Hi folks. many long ages ago, I sent a clip from a jam session I took part in to each of you. it was indifferently recorded and performed. I deliberately sent it without any key or tempo information. I wanted to see what each of you would do with it, and then I would stitch together the results.
I spent many long hours on it, and it didn’t jell. Not because any of the individual contributions were unsatisfactory, but I jumped into it without sufficient planning, and much later, I realized that I had taken the wrong approach, and I knew what the right approach was, but the idea of starting over was too discouraging.
Thanks to one of you, Vincent, and your persistent and gentle reminders, a couple of nights ago I located the individual parts and using the mental template I had developed in the later stages of doing it wrong, I did it right.
I called the results Topango, and posted it here.