CE Insanity, continued, continued
So the repairman came to check out the slightly defective new TV set last wednesday.
He said he couldn’t fix it (big surprise) and that they would get back to me.
Which they did, today, saying we had to go into a store to get an exchange.
So far, so good.
- The customer service rep explained that it was pas possible to replace an “Internet exclusive”. All they could do is give me an exchange voucher to pick something else in one of their brick and mortar stores.
- We bought this model precisely because it had much better specs for the price (or price for the specs) than anything else available.
- Which is all moot anyway, because the model is out of stock, including at the manufacturer’s.
We decided to do nothing and go home, at which time I frantically started surfing for possible alternatives, before calling them back.
- The customer service lady called me first. She confirmed what the store guy had told us, but that she was going to ask the online sales department to get back to me, to see what they could do.
- Five minutes later, Davina, the online sales lady called me and said that she was going to get the “regular sales” department to offer me an alternative in the same price range and with equivalent specs.
Which is where things stand as I write this episode of this unfolding saga…
We’ll see if they call and what they propose to do…
In the meantime, I feel like I’m in that Monty Python restaurant sketch, because the fact of the matter is we could perfectly settle for the current set, even with it’s slight imperfection…
I’m cursed, I tell you…Tweet